Saturday 10 March 2007

Treat of the Week!

Thursday was International Women's Day and I was very proud to be asked to speak at the inaugral meeting of a Women's Leadership Council at one of the world's leading financial institutions. The topic was the art of networking and they wanted to hear how networking had helped me get to where I am today - which is... hmmm... let's come back to that!

That was almost treat enough, even though it meant staying up to the wee small hours coming up with suitable material for an audience of quite scary senior managers (think vice presidents and executive directors) all of whom are much more successful than I within their own environments.

But the biggest treat of the day was the car they laid on for me to get to them and then on to my next meeting in town at 6.00. My very own car and driver, and not just any old car - an S Series Merc with tinted windows. I was almost sorry for the tinted windows as I'd have loved people to see me in it ... how base is that! And how easily impressed I am, I can hear you say... Well, I am!

Had a great chat with Tony Kennedy, the driver and owner of Chauffeur Ireland (www.chauffeurireland.ie) about the kinds of people who travel in his car and indeed about the events industry in Ireland. We talked about the fabulous Derrybawn House and the Viking Bed (NEO members - stay posted for what promises to be a fantastic day out). If you have somebody who you'd like to give a little treat to, send for Tony and his crew. I wish we had thought to put it into the budget for Events Day.

No comments: