Tuesday 27 February 2007

I Got To Say I Am a Blogger!

Just come back from the first National Tourism Networking Conference, jointly run by TourismNET and Failte Ireland in the Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny. More about some of the content and impressions shortly. But the real excitement of the day for me was being able to stick my hand up when Fergal O'Byrne of the IIA (Irish Internet Association) asked did anyone blog... yay!

Mind you, I have blogged in a sort of a fashion before... One of the nations leading banks led me to set up Over the Edge - a blog about my experiences with their new technical support (not!). That was little more than a rant though, but it served its purpose. I happened to be at the Leadership Forum (an excellent event organised by our own Event Management International) last September and somehow ended up chatting with the Banks COO. A thoroughly nice gentleman by the name of Gary Stokes, I hadn't realised who I was talking with (duh!) and spilled the beans about my "blog". He asked me to email him the link, so, erm, erk, I did. I have to say that their reaction to the rant was excellent, and they have significantly improved since then. So I haven't published the blog properly, some day someone else might send me over the edge again!

No comments: